Monday Fantasy Blitz: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler…
Monday’s fantasy musings from around the NFL…
– Yahoo Sports is reporting Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden is expected back for week eleven. We would stay clear of McFadden until he proves he can produce with a high ankle sprain.
– Maurice Jones-Drew has already been ruled out for week eleven. No word yet on when the disgruntled running back will be returning to action.
– Have we seen the last of Michael Vick in an Eagles uniform? Yahoo Sports is saying the Eagles could “rest” Vick for the rest of the season. Let’s face it, Vick wasn’t providing the necessary fantasy value when healthy. Let Vick go and call it a day.
– According to the Chicago Tribune, Jay Cutler’s status for the Bears next game against the 49ers is in question. Concussion’s usually take a while to figure out, so you’ll have to monitor Cutler’s situation closely.
– The Buffalo Bills are reporting running back Fred Jackson started experiencing concussion like symptoms on the plane ride home. His status is uncertain for week eleven.
NFL News and Rumors:
– Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid’s job is apparently safe through week eleven. Yahoo Sports is reporting that Reid will likely lose his job after the conclusion of the season.
– Cleveland Browns President Mike Holmgren says he has no interest in becoming the Dallas Cowboys head coach. We can’t see why he wouldn’t want to be taking orders from Jerry Jones.