Wednesday Fantasy Blitz: Ben Roethlisberger, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Wes Welker…
Tuesday’s fantasy football news…
– Apparently there is more concern over Ben Roethlisberger’s ribs than his shoulder. Big Ben has a partially dislocated rib that could kill him if it presses against his heart. Despite the fear of death, Roethlisberger expects to play again this season. Obviously the Pittsburgh Steelers need to play this safe. Don’t expect Roethlisberger to be suiting up any earlier than weeks 13 or 14.
– New Orleans Saints running back Darren Sproles returned to practice Wednesday in limited action. Sproles is expected to be ready to play this weekend making the Saints running back situation very crowded. If you own Sproles, Chris Ivory, Mark Ingram, and/or Pierre Thomas you may want to wait and see how their carries are distributed before starting them.
– Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said wide receiver Jordy Nelson looked like his “normal self” in practice Wednesday. Nelson is a safe bet to start week eleven against the Detroit Lions.
– Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden did not practice Wednesday. It’s probably a good idea to sit McFadden this weekend until he proves he is healthy.
– Wes Welker did not practice on Wednesday. Nothing to be worried about right now, expect Welker to be starting this weekend against the Indianapolis Colts.
– Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel will start Sunday against the Bengals. We have no confidence in Cassel and neither should fantasy owners.
– ESPN’s NFL insider John Clayton is saying Jay Cutler is doubtful to play Monday night against the San Francisco 49ers. With a history of concussions, Cutler will have to pass a lot of tests before getting cleared to play.
NFL News and Rumors:
– The New York Jets are starting to unravel. According to the Daily News a number of Jets players ripped backup quarterback Tim Tebow and described him as “terrible”. If Tim Tebow is “terrible” then what does that make Mark Sanchez?