Tuesday Fantasy Blitz: Colin Kaepernick, Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, David Wilson…
Tuesday’s Fantasy News…
– After Colin Kaepernick’s breakout performance on Monday Night Football, it looks like the young QB could get the week 12 start over Alex Smith. It may be worth taking a shot at Kaepernick if you have an available roster spot. Especially with the 49ers playing an awful New Orleans Saints defense.
– Ben Roethlisberger is doubtful for week 12. We would advise staying away from “Big Ben” for the foreseeable future.
– New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin told WFAN that the Giants need to get rookie running back David Wilson more involved. He has big play capability, but it’s hard to have any confidence in the Giants offense right now.
– According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray is not expected to play Thursday against the Washington Redskins.
– Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith may sound optimistic about quarterback Jay Cutler returning for week 12, but Cutler himself didn’t sound so sure.
– CSN Washington is reporting that Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon was limited in practice on Tuesday and will likely be a game time decision.
- New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan feels a running back by committee with Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell, and Joe Mcknight is the ideal scenario. This is not the ideal scenario for fantasy owners, as you can’t trust any of these guys as long as the Jets are giving carries to all three.
- Adam Schefter is reporting on Twitter that the Pittsburgh Steelers will indeed sign wide receiver Plaxico Burress. There isn’t much value here for fantasy owners as long as Charlie Batch is throwing to him.