Tuesday Fantasy Blitz: Ben Roethlisberger, DeSean Jackson, Jonathan Dwyer, LeSean McCoy…
Tuesday’s top fantasy news…
– A source close to Ben Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that it’s highly unlikely the Steelers quarterback will play Week 13 against the Ravens. Big Ben threw the ball on Monday, but it seems like it will be at least another week before we see him practicing in pads. Charlie Batch will likely get the start, which means sit any Steelers receivers.
– The Eagles placed wide receiver DeSean Jackson on the injured reserve. This marks the end of a tremendously disappointing season for the Eagles wide receiver.
– Eagles running back LeSean McCoy is not close to returning. This is good news for fantasy owners who picked up back up Bryce Brown, who will continue to see the majority of carries in McCoy’s absence.
– The ankle injury Bears running back Matt Forte suffered this past weekend doesn’t seem to be too severe. However, you will have to wait and see if he will be ready in time for Week 13 against the Seahawks.
– Jonathan Dwyer is officially the Steelers starting running back. Look for Dwyer to get a heavy workload with Charlie Batch expected to be behind center Week 13.
– According to head coach Ron Rivera, Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart has a high ankle sprain. DeAngelo Williams is a solid option for fantasy owners with Stewart out the next couple weeks.
– The Eagles cut former Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin. This is just the beginning of what looks to a major overhaul coming in Philadelphia.
– Jaguars running back Jalen Parmele is questionable Week 13 with a pulled groin. If Parmele can’t go, it looks like Rashad Jennings will get the start.