Thursday Fantasy Blitz: Dwayne Bowe, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Myers, Alex Smith…
Thursday’s fantasy notes….
- According to the Kansas City Star, Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe was limited in practice on Thursday. Bowe isn’t in danger of missing this weekend’s game, but with the Chiefs quarterback situation, it’s hard to get excited about Bowe’s fantasy prospects.
- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson was limited in practice again Thursday. Don’t fear, Nelson should be fine for this weekend against the Detroit Lions.
- The Contra Costa Times is reporting Oakland Raiders tight end Brandon Myers passed his concussion tests and is cleared to play this weekend against the New Orleans Saints. Seeing as everyone is high on Myers fantasy potential and the Saints should get out to an early lead, we would recommend giving Myers the start week 11.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith has been cleared for non contact drills. As of right now it looks as if Smith will play Monday night against the Chicago Bears.
- New England Patriots held wide receiver Wes Welker out of practice again Thursday. Still too early to panic for fantasy owners, but definitely check back on Friday to see what his status is for this weekend.
- Darrius Heyward-Bey did not practice on Thursday. His availability for this weekend is in question. Check back Friday for his status.
NFL News and Rumors:
New York Jets owner Woody Johnson told the Daily News that Mark Sanchez is the Jets franchise quarterback. This won’t clear up any of the speculation or rumors, but it was worth a shot on Johnson’s part.