Thursday Fantasy Blitz: Ben Roethlisberger, Jacksonville Jaguars, Michael Vick, DeMarco Murray…
Thursday’s fantasy headlines…
– The latest on Big Ben is that it doesn’t look good in regards to him playing this Sunday. We already said it, even if he is healthy, there are better options out there than risking starting Roethlisberger for Week 13.
– The Jacksonville Jaguars young receivers Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon have both been added to the teams injury reports. They missed practice on Thursday and you will need to check back tomorrow for an update. Just when both Shorts and Blackmon were starting to become solid fantasy options, they find themselves on the injury report.
– The Cowboys are cautiously optimistic that running back DeMarco Murray will be able to play this Sunday. Murray has been making steady progress this week, but we recommend waiting until the last second to make a decision on him.
– Eagles quarterback Michael Vick still has not passed concussion testing. Vick will not start Week 13, and there is a chance he will never play another game in an Eagles uniform.
– Eagles running back LeSean McCoy has not passed his concussion tests. Backup Bryce Brown will get the start again at running back Week 13. He offers fantasy owners an intriguing option after piling up 189 yards and two touchdowns last week.
– Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon should be ready to go for Week 13. With RG3 at quarterback, Garcon is a flex option.
– Miles Austin was limited in practice on Thursday. He should be ready to go for this weekend against the Eagles, but continue to monitor his status as the weekend arrives.
– The Vikings Percy Harvin did not practice on Thursday. The feeling out of Minnesota seems to be that it’s unlikely Harvin will play this weekend.