Friday Fantasy Blitz: New York Jets, Thad Lewis, Chris Johnson, Mike Wallace…
– With QB’s Brandon Weedon and Colt McCoy both missing practice for the third straight day on Friday, Thad Lewis will likely be getting the start Sunday for the Browns. Running back Trent Richardson is expected to sit week 17, so if you have the Steelers defense you are in good shape.
– Titans running back Chris Johnson returned to practice on Friday and he is expected to start week 17 against the Jaguars.
– Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace missed practice all week and is not expected to play in the Steelers final game of the season. This could also be the final game for Wallace in a Steelers uniform as he is an unrestricted free agent after this season.
– Your New York Jets update:
– Rex Ryan is denying a New York Daily News report that said he would prefer to be fired if the Jets didn’t change their offensive personnel.
– Jets quarterback Greg McElroy tried to hide his concussion to coaches and medical staff in order to start again week 17. McElroy clearly made the right decision for his health, but who knows if he will get another opportunity to start in the NFL.
– Jets tight end Dustin Keller is making it clear that he doesn’t want to be franchised in the offseason. It will be interesting to see how the dysfunctional Jets decide to handle Keller’s situation.