Friday Fantasy Blitz: Julio Jones, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Darren McFadden, Jay Cutler…
Friday’s fantasy news…
– Julio Jones ankle injury caused him to miss practice on Friday. He is listed as questionable for week 11. Fantasy owners will have to continue to monitor Jones right up until game time.
– Darren McFadden is ruled out for week 11. Marcel Reece will get the majority of carries this weekend for the Oakland Raiders.
– According to Jerry McDonald on Twitter, Darrius Heyward-Bey is a game time decision for the Raiders. He didn’t practice Thursday or Friday, so he is looking like a long shot to be playing this weekend.
– Jason Campbell will be starting at quarterback for the Chicago Bears week eleven. Fantasy owners should sit Jay Cutler until he is back practicing on the field.
– New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez will not play week 11 according to the NFL Network’s Albert Breer.
– Darren Sproles practiced on Friday and is listed as questionable against the Raiders. Sproles will likely be a game time decision. We would hold off on having him in your lineup with the Saints crowded backfield situation.
– Wes Welker returned to practice on Friday according to Jeff Howe on Twitter. No need to worry, Welker should be good to go for this weekend’s game.
– Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall will start week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday Night Football. Mendenhall is too much of an unknown right now to have him starting for your fantasy team.