Friday Fantasy Blitz: Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Marshall
Friday’s latest fantasy news.
– Mark Hale on Twitter is reporting New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game, while wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is probable. We would stay away from both players for week ten. Bradshaw will probably start, but don’t count on a lot of goal line carries.
– Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson insists he is playing this week, but according to Joe Buscaglia on Twitter he is listed as questionable.
– According to Tania Ganguli, Houstan Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is promising to double cover Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall this weekend. The Jay Cutler to Marshall connection has been dynamite this season, but the Green Bay Packers were able to shut them down week two. If there was ever a time to sit Marshall and give another wide receiver a shot it would be this week. The Texans defense is the most effective defense in the league against top receivers.
– Minnesota Vikings running back Percy Harvin missed practice again Friday. Vikings beat writer Tom Pelissero believes Harvin will be listed as doubtful for this weekends game. Even if Harvin manages to suit up we recommend sitting him until he proves he is healthy. Update: According to 1500 ESPN Radio, head coach Leslie Frazier is leaving the door open for Harvin to play this weekend despite being listed as doubtful.
– Lions wide receivers Titus Young and Calvin Johnson returned to practice Friday according to Anwar Richardson. Expect both players to start this Sunday at Minnesota.
– HoustanTexans.com is reporting that tight end Owen Daniels was “very limited” during Friday’s practice. Daniels seems questionable at best for this weekend.
Continue to check the Blitz and follow @SurgexSports on Twitter for late breaking fantasy news this weekend leading up to Sunday’s games.