Friday Fantasy Blitz: Ben Roethlisberger, Percy Harvin, Michael Vick, Darren McFadden…
With Week 13 just around the corner, here is your fantasy news from Friday…
– Ben Roethlisberger is officially ruled out for Week 13 against the Ravens. Apparently he is “unable to throw”. Even if he can’t throw, Big Ben is still a better quarterback than Charlie Batch.
– Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is listed as doubtful for Week 13 against the Packers with an ankle sprain. Harvin was described as being barely able to jog because of the pain in his ankle. It’s safe to consider him a bench player Week 13.
– Bengals rookie wide receiver Mohamed Sanu suffered a stress fracture in his left foot during practice on Thursday. He will have surgery on Monday and miss the rest of the season.
– Raiders running back Darren McFadden is still non-commital on whether or not he will play this weekend. Even if McFadden does play, he won’t be getting his usual workload. Sit him Week 13.
– The Jacksonville Jaguars pair of young receivers Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon both practiced on Friday and are listed as probable for Week 13. Both receivers look good to go to start on your fantasy teams this weekend.
– Yahoo’s Jason Cole is reporting that Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is improving from his concussion. This goes against a previous report saying his condition was worsening. ESPN’s Ed Werder is also reporting that Michael Vick believes he is the “victim of politics”. This is starting to get ugly.
– ESPN’s Ed Werder is reporting Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis is expected to return Week 15 against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Despite Lewis’ legendary status, this has little to no fantasy impact.